The BNP claims it would:
- Make all benefits and social housing only available to British citizens;
- Make length of residency in an area the key criterion for council house allocation;
- Preserve the ‘right to buy’ of individual tenants, but with the money from sales being used to build more council houses;
- Take all privatised social housing stock back under local democratically controlled council ownership;
- Ensure that the billions being spent on the utterly bogus asylum seeker and immigration swindles is redeployed to alleviate the appalling conditions under which many of Britain’s old people are forced to live.
- A BNP government will restore the earnings link with pensions and ensure that elderly people who have paid a lifetime of taxes and reared families should not have to sell their homes to pay for care in their old age.
Despite the BNP’s claims, two separate reports show there is no evidence that immigrants receive preferential treatment over the allocation of social housing
Research finds no bias in allocation of social housing – Equality and Human Rights Commission
Migrants jumping the queue for social housing is a ‘myth’ – National Housing Association
To find out about social housing in your area, contact your local council or click on this link to find your local housing associations
Registered Social landlords – The Housing Corporation